Support Me on Patreon

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Code Down Vector Y Up

That's how we develop.

This month has been slammed to the wall. I've just now gotten everything corrected from how the holidays wrecked it. Since the year started in such a [expletive] state, I'm going to finish up Little One. It didn't help that rushing myself can cause chest pains and I don't know how exactly they are triggered since I'm keyed up with no pains right now.

For Little One I've got some things added. Thorns (they hurt) are added, but I haven't spread them around the maps. Grass is mostly done, but not in the map yet. There is a tent with beds to sleep in when you click on them. Press forward [w] to get out of the bed. The beds speed up time, restore health, and fill energy. I'll probably work on the beds a bit more later.

I've modeled most of the parts for Little One. They'll be added later, but at least I only have to make the textures. These parts might also be used in other games I make. Little One also has the lose conditions added, but I've unlinked them since there is no way to avoid those conditions.

After I add the parts I'll finish the plants and start on the critters. The building upgrades still need to be modeled and added. I still have to do the opening, ending, and possibly losing images. Beasts will also be added, but that could be a while away.

For the thorns, I used a multi-mesh node to populate an area with the meshes. An area causes damage when the player enters or exits. The grass has a material with a greenish layer. When it rains I intend to have the grass turn greenish, then slowly brown over the days. This will be done via a single copy of the material. Since materials are shared between objects, modifying one copy alters all of them. Materials can be copied as a new instance that is not connected to the other copies if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment