Support Me on Patreon

Monday, May 6, 2019

Adventures' Overview


Because I made a new channel on Youtube I cannot select the videos from the new channel without deleting my old channel. Wish blogger would allow you to choose videos from other channels on your Youtube account.Until then, I'll just have to search for the videos.

TIP: Searching ["Video Name" Channel Name] gets you to the video you want quickest.

Mainly I just wandered around my game talking about it. I'll have to modify some materials and fix a few bugs after I add the buildings and towns. Mostly I show of the dialog and battle systems. OBS is the best screen recorder I've used, but most screen recorders lag the game a bit. AE has been optimized so it is not that bad, but I'm about to add a bit more content. There are still about five more buildings to make, so I'll be updating in a week or two. To keep from getting burnt out, I'm just doing one to two buildings a day.

There are a few depreciated things to remove. Coding the sky shader will be the hardest, layering textures is a chore. I cannot use a default material, the sky has five layers minimum.That will be pushed back though, the current material is "working", so there is no rush. Changing the shaders I use for everything else is a bigger priority. Hopefully I'll only have to modify the pass shader or some small part of the main shader code. Lazunas, map objects, and NPCs all have different shaders.

After I'm able to build the towns I'll start adding lazunas and improving many mechanics. I'll also be editing the NPC battle system and navigation. Lazunas will also get a navigation function, they keep going inside houses. Speaking of, I won't be spawning lazunas in towns. Tried using amarove on one of mine and it ran off to some random map-lazuna. Breeding should be player-controlled in towns. Outside it will be random.

No comments:

Post a Comment