Support Me on Patreon

Monday, September 16, 2019

Petting the sweaty stuff

Been fixing small errors in Little One the past few days.

The vacuum handles water and solids differently, but it was clearing the object refList when needed. When dealing with water, this wasn't needed; removing it made the vacuum mechanics much better. Almost too good, I've had to enlarge a few collision areas and still need to tweak the speeds.

I was originally going to use critters as ammo, but Godot doesn't have a good way to control rigid bodies. That meant I'd just use their products (eggs and the such), but the critters were not laying their eggs anywhere visible. Finally, I just had the eggs placed where the critter was because using the output node for placement didn't work for some reason. Dude, where's my output node's translation?

Speaking of critters, since they now use different physics the game would crash whenever the vacuum areas touched them. So I removed them from the Vacup group and then they stopped being held by the fences. The fences change Vacup object's physics layers so they'll collide with the walls. Just made the fence area also look for Critter groups to fix that bug. Critters walk in, but they don't walk out.

Added carrots because I already had a "fruiting" tree and root veggies seemed harder. Guess what?! I was right! The carrots got "stuck" in the ground. To "combat" this, I just re-textured the rock mesh and added it like a small hill. Using this, I adjusted the carrot height and fudged some things. Fixing the vacuum also helped immensely. This work around is kinda low-hanging fruit though.

I've set the vacuum to aim where you are looking, but the items still have problems being caught by the receptacles. Scalling up the collision areas should work though.

The map is mostly done, and gates are being added. Plant and tree areas are mostly done, but I have some edits planned. Critters move about and can produce items, they need more work. Water needs to be worked upon, but is mostly good. The dialog and storage systems still need to be added, but I'll have that fairly easy.

Support this artist on either Patreon or Ko-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment