Support Me on Patreon

Friday, August 30, 2019

Artificial Additives.

I've been having some problems lately. The area I live in does not get high-speed internet, and I couldn't afford it anyway. Therefore I either go to a local coffee shop or library to access the internet. The coffee shop is noisy, crowded, and I lack money to get a coffee most days. My heart can't really handle much caffeine, so I get decaf.

While the library is quite, it employs a web filter. Nothing wrong with that, keep people from accessing things they shouldn't. The problem is they block anything to do with games, and their filter recently re-classified numerous websites lately. Did I mention that this library has Minecraft and Roblox installed on their own computers? And they block game websites. Gambling is another category and I'm not sure if they block those.

For the past two weeks I've tried to find a solution, even asking for websites to be unblocked; nothing. Even proxy websites are blocked and I'd rather not use tor. Of course I use firefox, and add-ons are not blocked. I searched for a proxy add-on and installed one with a good rating (not the first in the list). Now I can access open game art, itch, anything. My browser just ignores the filter.

Some will argue the philosophical and criminal merits of this action. I'll be able to update my projects without frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment