Support Me on Patreon

Friday, December 27, 2019

End of the Month Plan

I've been adding the menu systems in Little One. So far, the parts needed to win the game can be crafted, so can player upgrades. Stats, materials, and parts can be checked in the menu, and there is a save button. Now I just need to add the part objects and material and part dispensers so they can be collected. Several of the parts use a ton of materials to craft, so those will be retrieved via deployable drones.

The critters are modeled and textured, but have no animations. I might be adding them into the game late. Beasts may have to wait until much later to be added, along with difficulty. Opening and ending images need to be created, probably vectors that will be used like a comic to illustrate the story.

There are many things I want to add, and may add later if I have time. Changing the music for each area, allowing music to play during menus, difficulty, beasts to fight and get resources from, ship interior and monoliths. I'll add these features if I have time while I'm doing a new project next month. My main goal is to make Little One beatable and add the story elements.

NPC dialog is in the game, but I'll be modifying it to output different dialog from dictionaries. This will give the player tips, as well as adding some character to the NPCs. Most of the dispensers are done, and much of the coding is also done. I'll be setting up the last mechanics by copying needed code and modifying it. Actually, I might just take the mat collector/storage for collecting parts and dispensing built drones. One less thing to model/create (It's really just a collector attached to a giant egg).

Little One took longer than I thought, but it was interesting and I learned a lot. It has also given me numerous resources to use in my next project, and I can modify those objects for more resources. The next project will use many things from Little One, but it will have many new additions. This will allow me to reuse many elements and mechanics from Little One, making creation faster and easier.

I'll probably make a sequel or two later on.

The Next Project:

Blue Bloom will be a game full of monsters, crafting, and adventure. Using different items, you'll be able to modify the function of different workstations.  Different workstations may even assist each other. Hydroponics allows the player to grow needed food indoors, while the repellent globe wards off vicious monsters.

The vacucell from Little One makes a return, and may have extra upgrades. Joining it are numerous weapons to insure your survival, or hinder it. Modify your environment suit for different challenges. Repair laboratories and get them running again for extra advantages. Use the technology at your disposal to help clear out an invasive fungus.







No comments:

Post a Comment