Support Me on Patreon

Friday, December 20, 2019

Everything is burnt.

The wired mouse I normally take with me is failing. It could only be used on flat surfaces, but now it keeps disconnecting. I'm currently using a wireless mouse, but its middle button doesn't really click with me. There is another wired mouse at home, but I don't want it to fail. Either I'll have to acquire a new mouse, or deal with the wireless one when I'm in town.

I haven't been doing much on Little One these past two days, mostly my fault. Pushing myself too hard in any endeavor causes chest pains and burns me out. A health-protecting system my subconscious uses to prevent this pain is just to use burnout and depression against me. Sure, the pain isn't good, but I want to finish Little One this month.

The NPC accessories, animations, and textures are mostly done. Importing and assembling won't take long, but the dialog should still be written. Saturday I'll rest a bit, but I'm just going to ignore my body's protests and slowly pick up speed. The real problem is getting started, once I get momentum, I'm near-unstoppable.When my coding reaches 88 lines per hour, you're going to see some serious bugs.

I'll probably do a ton of planning on my two-month project this weekend. I'll have to get the planning done on that by month's end as well. Normally that would add more work and stress, but zero-sort is another stress reduction method.

Zero-sort operates on high-low impact balancing. If something causes higher stress than benefits, ignore it or break it down. Low-impact (result) options can also be chucked. When the value isn't worth the effort, postpone or chuck the idea. Bundle many smaller tasks into a relaxing time of fixing things. This is the low-stress low-value tasks that seem too small until enough pile up; it's like dusting off crumbs.Blog posts are low-stress but can have a nice impact. Rushing a few features to get a timely release is high-stress. If you have been regular with your updates, skipping one isn't a big deal.

This method is useful in decisions or cleaning/sorting items. Mainly, make any indecision into a specific answer, like yes or no. If I'm undecided, I almost always choose NO. When cleaning/sorting keep the things you want and get rid of the rest. If you just get rid of the things you don't want, you'll have a lot of maybe items that take up space. If it's clearly useful, keep it. If someone else can use it, pass it on.

I may be my own worst enemy, but I'm one of the few people I can fully depend upon, even if I cant always understand myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment