Support Me on Patreon

Friday, November 8, 2019

Worst Laid Plans

I'm starting to see the working on video games needs a bit of balance. It takes planning, resolve, and steady progress to complete a game. Little One needed more planning before I started, but I'll put more into planning with the next project.

I should plan the critters and beasts, along with the parts needed. Some parts you'll have to find, others need to be fabricated. I'll have to model, texture, and animate these things as well. Minor static objects are not that bad, but animated, organic, or complex objects take the most time. Tubes and gears are easy, engines and ants tend to be more complex.

The player and NPC animations are simple and mostly done. Usually you can get away with just a walk animation for NPCs and maybe an attack animations for enemies. Bosses take far more work, as much or more than the player. The textures are also basic and need some work, but I still need to model NPC accessories.

Plants and resources need to be distributed across the map for the player to find. I might have a ship somewhere on my PC, along with some other resources. Might take stock of, and arrange all the old models I've made. It's time I gathered my resources and started a collection for later projects.

That's the good thing, even in failure you learn and gather resources. I advise keeping models, textures, and sprites; they may be useful someday.

Posts Versions: RED & BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment