Support Me on Patreon

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Youtube can't keep its ads off the children

So it's making us pay. I thought youtube only allowed accounts for people over 13. Doesn't help that the parent's want everyone else to raise their children.


So I'll be looking at my old Vimeo account. I'm sure I can do something with that small amount of data they give free accounts. Not that I have any money, or health insurance, or... you know what?

Would you kindly support me on either Patreon or Ko-fi?

My main concern is that youtube can change the rating of a video at its discretion.That's fine if a video needs to be marked from child-friendly to NOT. But, while I do upload game videos, and some of my projects are child-friendly, I'd rather not have my videos marked as so. I don't want to have trouble because the YOUTUBE AI deemed a video of mine as child-friendly when it isn't. Or worse, have someone claim that gamedev and gameplay videos are indirect advertisements aimed at children. I really hope youtube notifies people when their video rating is changed, but it seems like another way to remove channels they don't like.

***

Little One now has a sky with day/night function. The day cycles a bit fast and it still needs work. I'll have to unwrap my own sphere and not rely on Godot's sphere. Skies are slightly hard to get right and the shaders in Godot don't allow you to layer images. The bad UV layout for the sphere warps things too much.

It made the sun square-ish.

It doesn't help that unwrapping spheres is difficult with all those seams and the sun still has to traverse the sky. That is a problem for later though. I did my best, but the visual shader is still lacking. Layering images, or having several image slots, would help quite a bit. Currently, I need to blend the images with math. Even with all the functions they give you, I had to split it into two materials to get close to what I wanted.

A staircase of material passes would be annoying, but it might be the only way.

Blast it, I'll work on getting the health and energy stats done along with master food/water storage next. I should just focus on getting individual items into the game instead of doing all items at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment