Support Me on Patreon

Monday, November 4, 2019

A Small Matter

It always seems like two steps forward, one step back when you are a singular gamedev. I'm having problems with the textures/materials in Little One and there is still so much to do. Sometimes I wish these problems didn't happen, but I enjoy solving problems. Once the material problem has been corrected, and I know a good way to correct it, I'll start adding and testing the final mechanics.

The dialog system is in another project and needs to be modified for Little one. Player and NPC models are mostly done, just need textures, animations, and a few minor accessories. Critters need some more programming and they'll give way to beasts within the game. Building upgrades need to be modeled, textured. and fully implemented. There needs to be a way to dispense materials from destructible objects. Many of the parts and player upgrades need to be coded and implemented. Opening and ending scenes need to be done along with success/fail conditions. World data and save/load systems need to be finished.

I should do some planning on the final parts needed. Most of the player upgrades are partly implemented. There is a collection on open game art that has resources for Little One, as well as what I'm making now.

Speaking of planning, I'll be planning a project a bit this month. If I finish Little One this month (November 2019) I can work on another project in December. Little One will have taken about five or six months at the end of November 2019.

I wonder if I can make a bigger game in two months if I planned it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment